[analogorgans] Re: activity

  • From: "Robert G. Danka" <bobtv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:48:29 -0400

 I believe a 770 came from the factory with 2 M-3 cabinets, 1 M-10, and 1 P-32.
 I bought mine from an individual who bought it from their church.  It had 2
M-3 's, 3 M-10 's, and they left the P-32 in the church.  Some of these were
antiphonal speakers and I got an extra S-102 amplifier for that.  In my home I
used none of them because they were physically too large.  I used to work for
Sony in their TV factory in Mt. Pleasant, PA and had access to new scrap tv
speakers for their large premium crt tv's 32" and larger.  With their
permission, (always) I obtained several of these systems, repaired them, and
built my own pedal cabinet.  These Sony systems were small sealed plastic
ported enclosures meant to go inside a plastic tv cabinet and had usually a 5
1/2" woofer and a small cone mid-range and a cone tweeter.  They sound
amazingly good in my home.  Very smooth with no trace of harshness.  It tickles
me because I just have 3 of them literally thrown in a corner.  They have more
than adequate power handling for my room.  I built my own pedal cabinet using a
Radio Shack 12" car sub-woofer.  My former neighbor used to install car audio
systems and couldn't believe his ears when he heard the 32' Contra Bourdon
shake.  His said if he didn't see and hear it, he would never believe that is a
Radio Shack speaker in there.

Bob Danka