[analogorgans] Service Techs

  • From: "Bernie Arcand" <barcand@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Analog Organs" <analogorgans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:23:19 -0800

Here's one for the service technicians who specialize in or who are intimately
familiar with the Cambridge 220-II:

Schemtaics, page 5, for board 3-C:  In the center of the page is capacitor C180
which is a .025 uf (or 25k pf) ceramic disc, 100v capacitor.  This has blown
apart (pieces) in my organ, and so I have the following questions:
1.  Before replacing it, should I be checking or looking at a "bigger cause"
that would cause this to happen?  If so, what?
2.  I have searched through both the huge catalogs of Tesco and Allied, and
have found only .022 or .027 uf caps at 100V, but nowhere can I find a .025 uf.
 Since this appears to be involved in the clocking timing area I would assume
it is a critical component....or not?  Which size can I "try" to see if a) it
solves the problem, or b) if it blows up?
3.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bernie in ND