[amc] Re: FW: September 15th solidarity

  • From: Steve Friesen <Friesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:50:21 -0500

Dear all,

Garland sent this note out a couple weeks ago and I'm thinking about putting
up an information table about AMC at the rally.  Before I do that, however,
I want to find out if that would be okay with you folks, or if there are
serious objections.  You may respond on the list or privately to me,
whichever seems more appropriate to you.

The rally is in support of peace and also impeachment.  If I put up a table,
I will cast it as an information table from a church that supports peace.  I
won't claim that we as a church are for or against impeachment, although our
presence will probably imply sympathy.

Share your wisdom on this issue, and I'll go from there.  The rally is
Saturday afternoon.

Steve

Ps.  In the event that I do put up a table, other volunteers are welcome :-)

On 9/8/07 9:34 AM, "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> held forth:

> Members and Friends of Austin Mennonite Church
>

> I am sending the information below for yoiur awareness.
>
> May it go well with you.  Sincerely,
>
> Garland Robertson
>

> ...always hold firmly to the thought that each one of us can do something to
> bring some portion of misery to an end

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve Friesen
Louise Farmer Boyer Chair in Biblical Studies
Dept. of Classics, 1 Univ. Sta. C3400
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712

W: (512) 471-8629
F: (512) 471-4111
H: (512) 482-0822

https://webspace.utexas.edu/~sjf365/

If clear sight were not so painful, many more would elect to have it.

  --Mark Danner
     http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/06/01/1599/