[amc] FW: September 15th solidarity

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 08:34:21 -0600

I am sending the information below for yoiur awareness.

From: "Lessye DeMoss" <lessye@xxxxxxx>
To: <peacetax_tx@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: September 15th solidarity
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:01:26 -0500

Dear Friends

I am writing to invite you and your membership to join the Austin Impeach
and Peace Mega-March and Rally on September 15th, in solidarity with the
March on Washington that day.  The march will focus on coalescing local
impeachment and peace groups, bringing in new membership into these
organizations, while also showing absolute support for our city council
resolution calling for impeachment, area representatives to sign on to HB333
for impeachment, and immediate withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan while
rallying opposition to the latest failure in progress of this administration
-- an invasion of Iran.

We will be starting at City Hall, and marching at 3:00 to the Capitol steps,
where there will be several speakers, and it is at that site we are inviting
groups such as your own to have a table for the purpose of sharing
information and increasing membership.

Please let me know if you would like a table, so we will have an idea what
to expect. There will not be assigned spaces, just first come, first serve.
We are also now taking suggestions for speakers, so if there is someone
affiliated with your organization that you think should be heard, please put
their name forward as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Lessye Joy DeMoss,

Austin Impeach committee

  _____

Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48517/*http:/surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_pan
el_invite.asp?a=7>  our Network Research Panel today!