[amc] FW: Cabin Update

  • From: "Kathy Reid" <Kathy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 16:26:06 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: daniel fisher [mailto:dtfish@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 5:16 PM
To: dtfish@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Cabin Update

Status report on the cabin.  We know you're all busy, so we'll try to make
it quick.

Weather:  Can you believe that it hasn't rained for four days.  The road is
almost dusty.

Daniel:  Slightly sunburned, left knee tightens up a little when it rains,
but otherwise happy as a pig in the mud.

Mike:  Having trouble maintaining those sharp sideburns without a mirror,
but taking it all in stride.

Thurmond (the dog):  Finally learned to swim and, after being
unceremoniously kicked out of Mike's bed, adjusting to life sleeping on his
Thurmond-rest.

Atieno:  In DC starting a business and making it to the Greenbrier any time
she can.

Lara:  Back in Tejas, wishing she was at the Greenbrier, coming back Oct
18th (see "Slap Down.." below)

Cabin Progress:  Since last email we've managed to finish up the subfloor
joists and raise half of the post and beam structure.  Actually, with as
many times as we've put up and then taken down and modified and then put up
again, we've probably raised about three houses worth of post and beam, but
hey, we're learning as we go.  We hope to finish up the post and beam by the
beginning of September when we'll be ready to start on the roof.  Tentative
dates for strawbale wall construction will probably be beginning to
mid-October, since we'll be taking a little time off in Sept for travel,
weddings (not ours), etc.

Slap Down, Drag Out, Rocking Bluegrass River Party:  Weekend of October
18th, put it on your calendars.  We're aiming to accomplish a minimum of
work this weekend, we just want to have fun with anyone and everyone who can
make it to West-by-God-Virginia this weekend.  Come early, stay late, bring
tents, sleeping bags, swimming gear, inner tubes, canoes, bikes, disco
balls, geetars, food and money for the band and keg ($10-$20).  Let us know
if you can make it and how many friends you'll be bringing along (no limit).

That's all.  Give us a call 304-667-0301 (nights after 9 and weekends are
free, remember, we're on a budget here) or email, or snail mail at PO Box
1463, Lewisburg, WV 24901 we'd love to hear from you.

peace,
Daniel, Mike, Atieno and Lara

----