[amc] Re: Funeral tomorrow

  • From: Nevitt D.Reesor <nreesor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 10:55:29 -0500

Dear Friends,

We arrived back from Carlsbad last night. Everything went as smoothly as could be expected. We had lots of support from Darlene's parents, from my mother's church, and from old friends. The funeral went very well. (I'm not really sure how to evaluate a funeral.) It was a bit Southern Baptist for my taste, but I'm pretty sure my mother would have been very pleased with it. We buried her in the Carlsbad cemetery Wednesday afternoon following the funeral.

Thank you for the beautiful flowers. They were really gorgeous. We were very pleased to find such a thoughtful gift from our friends in Austin.

Nevitt

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 10:57 AM, Kathy Reid wrote:

Our congregation sent flowers to Dorothy (Nevitt's mother) funeral. It will
be held at First Baptist Church in Carlsbad, NM tomorrow afternoon. Please
continue to keep the family in your prayers.

Kathy Reid

-------
Austin Mennonite Church, (512) 926-3121 www.mennochurch.org