[amayausers] Re: third hand

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:39:07 -0400

Does anyone else take adhesive backing, cut it into strips, and line the
mating pieces of the plastic hoops? I was shown that in training, and once I
noticed garments popping off the hoops I did it to all of them-including the
wooden oversize ones. Had nylon jackets that just wouldn't stay in the hoops
no matter how tight...
with the backing stuck there seems to help, although for padded 'farm coats'
(Sanmar work jackets) even that isn't enough-the jackets are way too thick.
So I got those heavy duty 2" 'wedge' steel paper holders and work them
around the hoop. Just have to do a trace to make sure the 'handles' aren't
hit by the head or neck and pop off.
Roland