[amayausers.com] Re: tackle twill

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 17:24:31 UT

This message was posted by MikeFreeman on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/3/521.html#000008

Hi, One of the main things I like doing with my Amaya is takle twill, but it
has been a real pain, I tried big needles little needles bobbin tensions thread
feed etc  and all of the above.. But no matter what I tried it would start to
sew and if it would either miss the first few stitches and show a thread break,
or the thread would fray or more often than not I would just get a violent
thread break that would fire the thread out of most of the threading eyes..It
was like the thread would be fine and then all of a sudden it would go super
taught and snap.Even when it frayed you could hear something clipping then you
would see the build up of thread before it broke.. In my case it turned out to
be needle hook timing, the engineer backed it off so the hook was almost 1mm
off the right side of the needle and this has fixed the problem for me.. Ps it
can now sew burmilama thread using a 100 needle with no bother since as before
it would not make 100 stitches before snapping..
I found a couple of pdf files on how to do the hook timing the other night but
your engineer will hopefully help you..