[amayausers.com] Re: Arc thread

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 15:22:28 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1304/2.html#000018

It is funny how different folks have different experiences with the bobbins and
brand names. Sharon and I have found Coates bobbins to cause more lint/fuzz
buildup under the pressure spring which then affects the bobbin tension
gradually thru its use. Do they work, yes, have we settled on something we like
better, yes.

NEBS bobbin brand are plastic sided and as such eliminates the tension issues
and zero fuzz build up under the pressure spring...

As far as some of the off the wall brands "on sale"....it probably falls under
the catagory of, you get what you pay for.

It comes down to folks learning how to make things "work" for them even if they
are having minor issues during the products use. I prefer not to deal with even
the minor issues and have found the NEBS fit this bill.... my 2 cents...

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer