[amayausers] Re: saddle blankets?

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:11:21 -0600

Sandra,
    I can't imagine sewing something like that.  Be sure to remove the horse
before you try!!  You would simply have to decide whether or not you think
you could hoop it - and get it to stay hooped.  Hooping crazy things like
that can be a science in and of itself.  I've even seen some embroidery
companies put on their outside sign,... "if we can hoop it, we can
embroidery it".  Odd I thought because most customers don't have a clue what
"hooping" is.  If you are creative, you might invent a new way to hoop
something thick like a horse blanket.  Just be careful not to damage your
machine.  I once had to tell a customer that I wouldn't be able to embroider
her son's baseball glove unless she let me disassemble it first.  She chose
to do something else.
    If you are able to get it hooped, use a sharp, 80/12 needle and slow the
machine down a bit.  I also agree with Ms Beverly on the topping.  You
probably won't need backing because if the blanket is woven that tight, I
would imagine it's rather stable and stretchy in the least.  Although using
backing wouldn't hurt, it would only require a slightly higher material
thickness.

Ed Orantes