[amayausers] Re: saddle blankets?

  • From: "Evelyn Runge" <erunge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 08:13:51 -0500

Hi Sandra,

I do saddle "pads" a lot. For some reason nobody else wants to do them. I
simply hoop a stabilizer (preferably cut away) on my larger rectangle hoop.
Then I mark the spot on the pad and safety pin it to the stabilizer making sure
not to pin where it will sew. I usually sew the design upside down so the bulk
of the padding is hanging outside the machine. I raise my "presser foot" all
the way up, just like hats and use a regular #11 Ballpoint needle you may need
more underlay to "smush" the quilting down under the design. I'm getting lots
of calls right now to do these for Christmas gifts. I'm charging $15 for a
monogram and they supply the pad. So far, nobody has batted an eye at the
price. Maybe I should charge more? It takes me about 10 minutes total time. The
pads I do are no more that a stiff quilted fabric.

Evelyn
Express It With Thread