[amayausers.com] Re: re-engaging bobbin sensor

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:51:30 UT

This message was posted by amayaki on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1320.html#000007

Hi Tallcottongraphics, I have had exactly the same problem of false bobbin
breaks, but from a different angle - machine unused over a year, recently
recommenced using same. Did big clean and followed excellently illustrated
maintenance instructions, then had good and bad sew-outs, with both thread
breaks and endless false bobbin breaks. The latter have disappeared with the
addition of a 'floating backing' which is an extra piece of backing literally
floating between the hooped fabric and backing, and the needle plate. It has
been such a spectacular change - unbelievable. Other issues  with sheared
thread breaks have been partly resolved with a change of thread spools, to
fresh spools replacing several of the 16 spools which sat, covered, but exposed
to strong light for 16 months, changing the angle of the needle to 20 degrees
plus, and changing needles (instructions say to change needles after 4-6 hours
of use.I'm not under the same commercial pressure as you, (yet), but I co
 mmend the use of a 'floating backing' - it works for me, and no changes to any
settings, except to ever so slightly tighten bobbin tension as spools winds out.