[amayausers.com] Re: puckering on upholstery grade faux leather

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 14:02:04 UT

This message was posted by twinsmom2 on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1482.html

Design is a "dream catcher" 69,000 stitches with fill for feathers at 4.2,
stitch length 40, underlay is a fill @40.0, stitch length 20. On my Amaya, I
have the Material Thickness at 8. For columns (there are some rope ties around
the ring) I have the Amaya column feed at 37; they are satin stitches at 4.0
density and I am getting some puckering at those also. The ring itself is
causing minor puckering and I am wondering if I should divide the element and
not sew it in a circle?. I am using Auto Actifeed but have the lower limit at
8.0. Should I be on Standard and adjust settings differently? The fabric is
bonded imitation leather. It is pretty thick. For backing I am spray adhering
cutaway. I maybe should use two layers. Hooping in a jacket back hoop and it
just won't get drum tight.    Thanks for any suggestions.