[amayausers] Re: pique shirts

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 14:09:06 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/157.html#000001

All designs need to be catered to the material they are being sewn on.  For
pique, we use...

- 2 - 1.5 oz pieces of cut away (build your designs on a solid foundation!)

- increased pull comp and sometimes letter width

- solvy as needed (normally we don't use like many do - but if we find a design
sinking in, then we will)

- in some cases, we have even put tear away on top in large fill areas to help
the stitches "float" rather than sink into the material.  That involves putting
stop in and a little creative design shop editing.  For example, on a large
area of fill with an outline, we might put the tear away down, let it sew, then
stop it after the fill and before the outline goes on. Someone on this list
shared that and at first I thought it was CRAZY but it has saved us a few times!

Also, we tend to stay away from real cheap pique or those with a very loose
weave.

Bottom line is, no matter what you do, pique is never going to look as nice as
twill or denim.  Too many peaks and valleys...