[amayausers] Re: Fabrics

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 15:29:34 UT

This message was posted by HERB on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/158.html

After reading Johns post on Pique I wanted to branch off a bit as this is just
another part of the learning curve. You have a design that works perfectly on
one fabric/medium but not so well on another. What changes???? I got hit with
this a couple years ago on some caps. Have a design that looked good, sewed
great and was putting it on brushed bull denim caps. Customer happy/me happy,
life good. Then he wants the same design on camo caps. These are a poplin
material. I pop the first one on the machine and 4 minutes later take a look at
the finished product. We have a problem. Camo cap is night and day better than
the bull denim. Brain is now in confused mode. Light bulb finally comes on,
bull denim "absorbing" the thread, much like knit, poplin is not. Design is
using a walk underlay with Auto Density settings. I added a zig-zag to it and
decreased the Auto Density settings .3 across the board. Saved this as as my BD
Cap file and sewed it out. Bull Denim cap now looks better
 . It just needed a little more thread and different underlay. I know this is
long but this experience gave me a little better understanding of the
fabric/density/underlay puzzles we all face on a day to day basis. Hi Ho, Hi
Ho, it's off to work I go.