[amayausers.com] Re: needle case adjustment

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 05:49:35 UT

This message was posted by Gingerboys Embroidery on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO
NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking
here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/586.html#000004

I experience the same issue today.  All of my needles went out of alignment to
the left.  I think this may have been caused by running over the allowed number
of color sequences.  The machine basically froze and and so I shut it off and
restarted.  Upon restart, the needle case came down and broke off needle #1.  I
ended up recalibrating all of the needles to center.

Unfortunately, now I am experiencing a high number of thread breaks and am
still researching why.  One idea I have is that my presser foot adjustment is
all wrong.  In reading a post in the :How Do I..." section, it says that for
thin materials the presser foot should be all the way down and then for hats,
up 1 or 2.  This is opposite of the cap training materials which says that the
presser foot should be all the way down for hats.

Could I have set the machine out of some sort of alignment by running with the
presser foot all the way dwon while doing hats?  Seems this all started
happening when I first did that.

Any help is much appreciated.