[amayausers.com] Re: needle case adjustment

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 06:39:24 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/586.html#000005

Dan,

Always makes me nervous when I hear someone say that they "recalibrated" their
needlecase. This is one of the critical functions of the machine and learning
how to do this and why it is important that it be done very carefully and
accurately is something that the techs are taught during our training. Once it
has been done, then other things such as hook timing, etc, must also be
adjusted to these new settings....

Because the needlecase calibration is so closely related to threadfeed, hook
timing and proper trimming procedures on the XT, and the fact that you are now
having thread breakage, I have to ask the questions ...How did you go about
recalibrating your needlecase? How is the trimming on this machine?

I kind of doubt that having the presser foot down all the way for caps, had
much to do with the breakage you are experiencing only because of the
"recalibrating" statement in your post. But, but, but......Having the foot too
low may result in hammering the material and possibly damaging the material by
leaving a foot print. There is also a possibility that the presser foot spring
could be fatigued and damaged over time by the constant battering that is
taking place. If the spring is broken or weak, then the presser foot cannot do
a proper job of holding the material down and Yes....this would then result in
excess thread breakage taking place....

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer