[amayausers.com] Re: loosing fonts

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 20:24:55 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/259.html#000009

Roland -

I grow weary of the Mac vs. PC talk on here.  I love what you bring to the site
and the helpful hand you are always ready to lend - but the majority of people
here don't use Macs.  In my tenure as a mac owner - there were updates on
average of one a month.  Definately less than windows but there were security
holes there too.

There are a number of folks here on the list that for whatever reason need to
use their computer for both - so Steve's advice is best heeded here.

Rarely, do updates within an individual release of windows break features (now
major releases - sure - it happens) - but if they do, it's a problem melco is
going to have to address anyway - as patches and updates are a normal part of
the PC Lifecycle.  There's also the availabilty to do a rollback to prior to
the update being installed if something REALLY goes wrong.

As Design Shop and AOS are designed to run on WINDOWS, not OSX, it's a question
that is important to ask and answer.

Again - unless you NEVER and I mean NEVER connect to the net, you must run
updates - period to remain secure.