[amayausers.com] Re: installing V9

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 14:32:54 UT

This message was posted by gcannon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1270.html

Okay- I have been using Amayas and DS pro+ for about 14 months now.  I knew
Tajimas- could tear a head apart  put it back, even set the timing.  But as, we
all know, the Amaya is no Tajima.  I fell into the groove quickly- having had
quite a bit of exp. on Saurer machines- the BIG ones- so I got the whole
"thread-feed" thing right off the bat.  I finally feel comforable & confident
enough to install V9 (I've had the disks for over a year).  How do I do this?
Do I uninstall V7 first?  I have a unique setup, too.  I do all of the design
work on one PC- save the designs to our server, and then retrieve them on
another PC that I use to run the 4 Amayas this means that I have one dongle on
one PC an the other on the other PC.  Do I need to disconnect from the network
before I begin to do this?  I am asking because I do not have time to get this
wrong & be down (not producing) for a day.  Should I call Melco & get a tech on
the phone for a walk-through?  I've  really, literally, g
 ot work coming out of my ears, thank God, so I want to do this the right way.