[amayausers.com] Re: Z Axis Time Out error

  • From: "Tom Ladow" <tcladow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 10:36:26 -0400

Debbie and Others;

The problem was that the little wire that connects to the cutter blade
carriage had come off and the cutter blade carriage that moves the knife was
not working properly.  I had to remove the needle plate,  the cutter blade
clip the reconnect the small wire to the cutter blade carriage.  Then to
test,  under the Maintenance Tab>Stepper go to the cutter column and test
out the cutter.  Thanks to the Technical guys at Melco for walking me
through this.  If any of you get an unexplained Z Axis error,  keep this in
mind.

Tom L.

  _____