[amayausers.com] Re: Thread pulling out

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 17:13:24 -0700

Going to tools and stripping the locks will only effect the melco embroidery
fonts.  Other parts of the design also need to be tied in and out so if you are
having pullouts then set your tie settings as I suggested or play to find out
what works for you.  The main difference is the fonts have ties so if you put
them in manually then it doubles them which can casue problems and you are more
likely to see the tie ins and outs.  By stripping the melco font ties then you
can by default have DS add the ties in all at once and you don't have to worry
about double ties.  I hope this makes sense and if not let me know and I will
try to explain better.

Also, be aware that this won't fix every problem and is not a sure fire cure
for pullouts but it is something that has helped my situation out tremendously
so its worth a shot.

On files such as dst and exp the lock/trim menue doesn't effect the expanded
stitches so if its in digitized files sent to you in a format other than ofm it
won't do any good unless you convert to wireframe first and thats a whole new
can of worms unless you are a experienced digitizer or editor, at least for the
most part.

HTH,

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn