[amayausers] Re: Thread breakage

  • From: SANTICS@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 19:12:21 EST

Hi Debbie,

We are having the same problem still, even so we have our machines for
several months now.  Here are the things my husband found out and has fixed for
the
most part:  The first thing is, that many ready designs won't run well on just
every machine.  The stitches are sometimes too tiny and too close together or
crisscrossing and they kind of rub on each other, causing the frazzles.  The
solution is to re-digitize the design.  We do our own digitizing and have only
few ready bought designs, but this happened even on some of our own designs,
which were created for a different machine.  We are in the process of going
through all of our designs, reworking them, to fit this fast running machine.

The other thing is the hooping.  If the machine can push the fabric around
even just a little, it happens that the needle hits the same hole repeatedly,
thus causing the shredded thread.  Make sure the backing is on as tight as the
fabric, or better yet, use a little spray glue to temporarily attach the backing
 to the garment.

Sometimes just running the machine a little more slowly can help also.

Best of luck,
Gabi, Screen Antics

In a message dated 11/16/2003 6:38:33 PM, PPI01@xxxxxxx writes:

<< I am having a reoccurring problem with the thread breaking just above the
needle.  The threads actually shreds.  I have worked my way down the list in
the
manuel over and over again including changing needles and being sure my
needle
is appropriate for the fabric.  Help?

Debbie
A New Amaya Owner >>