[amayausers.com] Re: This is your inner voice talking...

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 18:48:53 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/236.html#000006

I have a second hard drive in the 'shell' of the computer we use for the amaya
and nothing else...so all my 'customer' files and artwork are on that hard
drive. Nothing is stored on the 'main' hard drive except the operating programs.
I know, you computer nerds probably call them something else so go ahead and
flap your pocket protectors at me...:-p
but this way if the 'program' hard drive goes sour, the data is always on
another hard drive my son can pop out and put into another computer to retrieve
or use....but so far, 3 years...that computer is not on the web, not on a
printer, not linked to anything...and never had a single cold, sniffle, flu, or
virus...LOL...
yes, sometimes it's a pain not having a printer connected to it, but it does
have floppy, zip, and CD drive built in so I can take files (saved as eps or
whatever) over to my Mac and email or print from that.
My MAC's on the other hand, don't have second hard drive capacity (mini macs')
so I have a 200G DiskGo Edge drive on one of them-about $159.00....and all the
artwork files, font files, CD files of clipart-all stored on that one.