[amayausers.com] Re: This is your inner voice talking...

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:12:58 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/236.html#000008

yeah, eventually everything dies...my backup used to be ZIP drives...but after
15 years, some of THOSE are dying...I lost 10 years of accumulated Boy Scout
logos-every single one available and all the troop work I had done...one zip
died.
CD's scratch, break, DVD's...same deal.
So it's back up the back up...and back that up.
I do have zip drive so once a year I take the customer files and copy them off
to that and set the zip drive away. Don't have CD burner on that computer...but
since I don't use the zips, they won't go bad. My problem with the scout one-it
got used constantly and with 3 total computer replacements in 10 years-I had
lost the originals on the computers! too late...I learned.
I suppose I should burn a CD with the customer files off the storage hard drive
on my mac-but I'm slowly cleaning them out first. I have 3 ,4, even 5 copies of
some things in there from moving them from one hard drive to another as we
upgraded and never cleaned up. Too late I learned I just had to get a tower and
move the hard drive itself!
But I'm looking into getting a G4 tower and redoing the whole system-then it
will get all cleaned out and condensed. About 150G worth of files to go through!

Roland