[amayausers.com] Re: Small Lettering

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 14:18:59 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1315.html#000002

As Jerome said...how small is small and how long is long?

What density are you using?

What backing?

I have found that using a zig zag underlay at 15pt density  and a 70% border
width works much better than a center walk in most cases. A zig zag underlay is
nothing more than a satin stitch with a more open density and it will follow
the cures and angles better than a straight stitch and it will not peek out
anywhere...try it, you will like it. I will use it down to about .2 on some
fonts. But as Roland has mentioned so many times and rightfully so, density
should be upped to between 5 and 6 or a tad higher depending on the garment
involved.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer