[amayausers] Re: Sharp needles for caps

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 04:07:35 -0600

Steve,
        Another good reason to have 16 needles on your machine.  You could
configure your needles in any combination that you see fit depending on the
type of sewing you see more of.  Possibly 10 of your needles could be ball
point and 6 of your needles could be sharp.  Sew on a baby bib or terry
cloth towel, use the ball points.  Sew on a baseball cap or woman's purse,
use the sharp needles.  You could possibly find yourself with two spools of
each - black, white, etc... thread on the machine at the same time.  What
ever works best for you at your shop.

Ed

From: "Cheryl Rotter" <tsiemb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 13:03:18 -0800
LuAnn,
For hats I can run certain designs on my one year old AMAYA at 950. The
newer ones can run at over 1000, I am getting 4 of those delivered next
week.
For me, it just depends on the design and the hat style. And the hat
design will run better if it has been edited from a flat to a specific
hat design. Melco techs in Denver also told me to use a ball point
needle on my hats.