[amayausers] Re: Scissors

  • From: Signature Embroidery <sue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:33:40 -0800

Hi Paul,

Try the Stellar scissors, (764125-14), I bought 2 pairs of these and they
work well, they also have a center pivot screw so they can easily be
adjusted.  If the ones you have don't have the center pivot screw a slight
tap on the pivot stud with a hammer may tighten them enough to eliminate your
problem, just be careful not to hit the blades and knock them out of
alignment.  If yours have been dropped on a hard surface, the blades may be
out of alignment.

My favorites for trimming are Squeeze Snips from MIM (957-696) 800-327-5034,
www.embroidery.mimind.com.  These can get into the tightest places and won't
cause fatigue in your hand.  They also have a stitch blade (CCSB) that is a
razor blade in the shape of a cat's claw with a handle, this is awesome for
ripping out.  Other suppliers carry similar snips one brand is Snip-Eeze.

Fiskars makes good scissors, but I have not seen a wholesale supplier for
them yet, I usually pick them up at the local fabric shops.  Wiss, Mundial
and Gingher are all top quality scissors manufacturers but they are also more
expensive.

Find a professional knife sharpener in your area, they should have the
equipment and tools to sharpen and adjust your scissors.

Good luck,
Sue
Signature Embroidery
sue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx