[amayausers] Re: Rattling Sound

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:44:24 -0600

Dear Alan and Margaret Jannuzzi,
        Let's talk rattles for a minute.  Here are some of my rattle/noise
experiences from the past..  I'll set this up in list form for easy reading:

        Jingle/Tapping sound from lower half of machine while running  -  oil
rotary hook (Remember to oil at least once a day)
        Strange vibration rattle in middle of needle case during color change  -
add a little grease to c/c threaded rod behind needle case
        Plasticky rattle from top of machine - red plastic covers vibrating
against
white metal casting - shim with wedge of folded cutaway backing.
        Hollow vibration when color changing above needle case - "Sea shell
effect"
or vibration between two white covers around thread feed drive motor just
above and behind needle case.
        Sticking sound on Y rack motion - add oil to Y rail oil ports.
        Raspberry sound when sewing slowly, behind the needle case and sometimes
accompanied with Z axis timeout errors - OIL YOUR RECIPROCATOR!!(2,000,000
stitch timer)
        Rattle when toggling the grabber - add grease to grabber cam.
        Hard popping sound around bobbin case - bad/damaged bobbin case or
machine
possibly out of time
        Vibration/Rattle from mid area of machine - loose hoop arms (Remember
Judy's loose Nuts :)
        Tapping sound with every stitch while sewing - back of presser foot
shaft
hitting bent metal grabber piece in Velcro strip area
        Clicking sound when color changing (top of machine) - thread feed drive
gear(s) not finding home position after every stitch
        Clicking sound when color changing (front of machine) - black front
covers
not aligned correctly
        Pounding/tapping sound when sewing thick material - presser foot setting
too low
        Metally sounding vibration from back of machine - large white back metal
cover vibrating (older machines) - shim appropriately
        Lest we not forget, the infamous "Melco Music" or X, Y, & Z motor
chatter(vibration) while the machine sits idle or starts off slowly - this
is a normal by-product of a far superior servo motor capable of sewing at
incredibly increased speeds with pin-point accuracy.  Of course I just tell
myself she's trying to talk to me with a sexy moaning way about her that
I've come to know and love.  You can call it what ever you want.
        If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to include later.  If anyone
else
knows of experiences like this, please let us know.

Ed