[amayausers.com] Re: OTTO Cap

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 15:24:13 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/4/632.html#000003

Funny how a 'bar' can have a 'resellers' permit...a liquor license isn't the
same thing. BUT this has happened with other suppliers before, and a fast
boycott of teeshirt suppliers that were selling direct (or even offering their
OWN in-house decorating) shut them down fast.
What can you do? We handle it easy...people are always bringing in 'brand name'
shirts and stuff they bought at Big Lots, Ocean State Job lots, Walmart...and
we explain that for 'customer supplied goods' we get $1.50 per thousand
stitches, a setup/digitizing fee, AND $5 PER ITEM for hooping charge (covers
backing, trimming, etc.) AND we don't guarantee a perfect job on them-had a
disastrous run of lightweight 100% poly shirts that puckered so bad...you have
to explain to the bar owner...nice that you bought the hats-now what are you
going to do with them? Want some magic markers? I have catalogs from thousands
of ad speciaty suppliers for everything, keychains to sweatshirts...and not one
of them will let YOU supply the goods. Period. So why should we if it means
getting cut out of a profit? I didn't know Sanmar was doing it now-I'll have to
question our sales rep. But I have run into 'independant' sales people that are
running around trying to get orders for screenprinting a
 nd embroidery with a Sanmar book in their hand-and then expect me to do the
job for pennies per item. Hasn't worked...I still get my $50 per hour whether
they like it or not. And why do they come to me? Because they already bought
the goods for their customer and found out no one ELSE in the area will work on
customer suppied goods! Next time, they just give me the order and pay my
prices.
If the bar owner doesn't want to pay your price...tell him to get magic markers
and do it himself! IF your competition gets the job, at least you'll know they
will be tied up for awhile doing a low profit job!