[amayausers.com] Re: OTTO Cap

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 20:34:32 UT

This message was posted by Chris & Cindy on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/4/632.html#000006

I don't think small embroidery shops will ever be able to compete with the
large suppliers that have endless inventory and 25 to 100 heads running.  The
internet has changed the game for sure. I do very few caps and hats in my
business.  As of a matter of fact I farm out larger orders and mark them up and
still make a profit.  You just have to do what ever it takes to make it.  If ya
can't beat'em, join'em.

There are still a lot of folks who had rather deal with a local business too.
You just have to find them and build a business and personal relationship.
That has kept me floating for sure.  I have customers that have stuck with me
for years and some even tell me they can get it cheaper online.  But they like
my service and personal attention.  All of my repeat customers have my cell,
email and home number.  I also always throw in a extra or 2 with larger orders.
 Walt Disney always said "How can we PLUS that?"  The PLUS factor will keep'em
coming back every time.