[amayausers.com] Re: Needle hit hoop

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 18:26:43 UT

This message was posted by Mr. Sew & Sew on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/567.html

Yup, in my hurry to get something done last night, I didn't run the trace and
about 500 stitches in, my needle hit the hoop and snapped.  I stopped the
machine right away but then noticed that the offending needle bar (#12) now
sits a smidge higher than the others.  When I try to sew on that needle bar, it
goes up and down normally but clearly isn't getting "deep enough" to catch the
bobbin thread so it results in a thread break about 6-8 stitches in.

Can someone tell me how major this is and if its something I can try to fix
myself?  You don't need to yell at me for my stupidity, the wife took care of
that yesterday.

I ran the machine for 175,000 stitches afterwards without using that needle and
didn't get a single thread break.

thanks
Tom