[amayausers.com] Re: Needle hit hoop

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 20:13:33 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/567.html#000011

'tracing each pair'...reason being-each 'sewout' of the soccerball and school
initials had to balance with iron on 'numbers' on the left front of the
pants...and sweat pants with the 'elastic' band waist do NOT have any 'straight
line' to align on a square hoop...so we lay each pair down and use calipers to
find the center of the 'number' in relation to the crotch seam and top
hem...flip the
caliper over and mark the right side -there's the center of our sewout. If I
didn't do this-OUR sewing looks bad even though THEIR iron-on is way off.
The'center' on numbers moved up to an inch or even more up or down, side to
side...so I know the other shop did not use a jig for the iron'ons.
And this was this morning...! I slipped up in 'always trace' But with
hoodies-after sewing right through a couple hoods that flipped up in the
back...I ALWAYS and I mean it-always-trace for hoodies with my hand INSIDE the
sweatshirt. Caught a couple 'almost' mistakes that way.
Just have never done sweat pants before so I wasn't thinking. Next time...I'll
do it without thinking!