[amayausers.com] Re: Needle breaks galore

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 18:09:47 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/409.html#000010

SewSew7,
If your needle is hitting the backside of the needlecase, then, either your
needle is bent backwards or the upper portion of your needlecase is too far
forward.  This would require a service call as your needlecase would need a
throurough going over.
Usually one can tell where the needles have been breaking by all the strike
marks in that area.
Also, if you are using two layers of the cap backing, definitely be sure you
are using a sharp and larger needle as it can be tough for a needle to
penetrate the cap and backing and still make it straight through without any
deflection.
Also, (again), I wasn't aware you were sewing on caps.  Is it possible that you
are sewing too close to the bill and then the presserfoot is being shoved
forward by the bill into the path of the needle and then the needle deflects
forward until it hits something and then breaks.  I've seen this many times
before.  Make sure you aren't sewing any closer than 1/4inch from the edge of
the silver strap that goes across the top of the cap against the bill.
Best of luck,
Ed Orantes
Melco Tech & Trainer