[amayausers.com] Re: More hat woes, Ed, Herb, Rod?

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 18:28:11 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/410.html

It seems 90% of my hat jobs now are for unstructured, low profile, 6 panel hats.
And everyone of them has a logo with fine detail
that ends up right down the center seam...so now
we get multiple layers of sewing on TOP of a 6 layer thick seam. Thread
shredding heaven....
I'm even trying a piece of freezer paper over the backing to help lubricate the
needle and thread...it did help with 50% of it.
I'm using 75/11 sharp needles.
Wondering if I should have heavier/thicker needles-will that help prevent the
thread shredding? (go ahead, say it fast 6 times...)
I do double check head down needle alignment, that's fine, 'angle' of needles
perfect, bobbin, etc. It's that hat type...if I switch to any other type of
hat-no problem. Density of fills-as loose as I dare. Overlaid areas, took out
underlayment.
Now I'm just down to the last thing to change...the needles.
Your recommendations?
Roland