[amayausers.com] Re: More hat woes, Ed, Herb, Rod?

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/410.html#000002

No replies or solutions yet...and I have done the 'steamer' routine. This style
hat isn't that 'stiff' at all-it's the multilayer center seam I think that just
abrades the thread as it goes through-up to 6 layers plus the thread holding
the seam together.
That's why I'm wondering if I should have heavier needles just for hats.
No problem at all with the design on 5 panels or flats...it's just the center
seam, then multiple 'fill' areas on top of each other right down the seam. And
narrow bean or walking stitch for detail on top of that...just too much at once
and no way to remove any of it.