[amayausers.com] Re: Laser Alignment (Left and Right Justify)

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 18:11:48 UT

This message was posted by edr on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/423.html#000009

Hi FME,

Thanks to your EXPERT advice, I have just finished stitching two 82" rows and
two 95" rows with a repeating 3.57" lace design that I combined and stitched a
maximum of four times for the 17.25 x 11.75 hoop with two parallel rows per
hooping.  They beautifully aligned perfectly straight with your help.  Both
pieces look as if I stitched them out continuously, as if on a roll.

I began by drawing two lines along the entire length of two (90" and 100")
widths of Silk Dupioni fabric with a water soluable disappearing ink pen.  I
edited my design so that the starting left point was the vertical center (Y
axis) of the beginning of the design and set the hoop center at this point.
Turns out that I found that I did not need or use the alignment registration
stitch marks of this particular design.

The LEFT, RIGHT, CENTER laser alignment commands worked so beautifully to help
me position the left starting center point of the design to be stitched
directly on top of the last ending center point of the previously stitched
design.  And since they were the ending and starting center points, I
positioned the laser on the lines drew on the fabric.  So easy and precise I
did not have to worry about how straight I hooped the fabric.

Thanks again FME for you help.  I am totally LOVIN' my Amaya XT and Amaya OS!

Ed Roux