[amayausers.com] Re: Machine down, Tech guessing!

  • From: JerryNiez@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:21:29 EDT

I appreciate how Dave feels but don't shoot the guy trying to help  you.
Repairing a complicated piece of equipment is not easy, especially
electronics.  I have had my car into 3 private shops and the dealer with  all
the
fancy diagnostic equipment and they still don't know what is  wrong.  The
dealer wanted to charge me $125.00 replace a battery cable and  THEN they would
continue looking for the problem.  I don't like electronics  because you
can't see what is wrong.  Mechanical problems are better,  a broken needle or a
tire round on 3 sides is much easier to trouble  shoot.  I don't know Brian
but cut him some slack.  If it was me  servicing your machine I would not
come back because everything I did would be  under suspicion and doubt.

Jerry
TC, MI

In a message dated 9/18/2009 11:17:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Lets  clear up a few more things. “guessing” It’s not guessing its
troubleshooting  and a process of elimination. Electronic problems are very
difficult things to  track down. There are many components that all have to
work
and communicate  perfectly in order for the machine to function. There are
usually no physical  breaks and nothing you can see. It takes very
sophisticated equipment to  positively identify exactly where the problem is.
It’s
equipment that can’t be  taken on a field service visit.