[amayausers] Re: Large Font for Carhart Jacket

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 17:20:08 -0500

Most Carhart jackets are sold to industrial/construction industies and are heavy duty jackets that get dirty a lot. Satin stich will certainly come loose or the threads break with the type of work that they do. All it takes is something sharp and your lettering has come apart. I would use a fill stich. It will take longer to sew out but your lettering will last much longer than a satin stitch. Pull your letters close enough to each other and use closest point so you won't have to do any trimming. (I do this on all lettering.) This will save some time after the job is complete.

From: "Wolf Embroidery" <wolfemb@xxxxxxxx>
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 14:24:38 -0500
Can anyone recommend a good front for 1-1.5" lettering? I'm doing the back of
a carhart jacket and I don't want it to come out like some I have seen. The
solid satin stitch does not seem to last.

Lisa
Wolf Embroidery
Wolfemb@xxxxxxxx
Lisa and Don Ridley