[amayausers] Re: Hook question

  • From: "Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:35:50 -0700

Connie,
Secure the rotary hook someway so that you can use a small screwdriver and a
small hammer. While tapping on the top of the hammer with the screwdriver
inserted in the screw, apply torque to the screwdriver. The use of heat
directly applied to the screw will help to loosen it also. Use good
judgement in the amount of heat that is applied as you don't want to damage
the rotary hook.

 Try to replace the screws in the exact order that they were taken from.
They are tiny and most are not readily available for replacement, so be
careful not to drop and lose them.

I have not seen a hook as bound up as yours must be with thread. I will send
you the latest "Hook Timing Ajustment Procedures" that will help you in this
process.

Good luck and Merry Christmas......

Rod

Rod Springer