[amayausers.com] Re: Geech, I don't normally have thread breaks!!

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 19:13:11 UT

This message was posted by GF on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/615.html#000012

Hi Rod,

I just checked my XT's threadfeed gear like in the photos you sent (thank you).
XT1 that is not snapping actually is the one which looks out of alignment
somewhat. XT2 seems perfectly aligned and that's the one that has a random
snap-snap sound. What is the procedure to align the gears? On XT1, it looks
like the main threadfeed drive gear would need to come out closer toward me, or
all the other ones need to rest outward toward the main gear.

On XT2 that was having a snap sound, when I gently pushed on the gear, it kind
of slightly moved because I heard a nice snap noise. Maybe it just became
misaligned a little and now it's okay?

But now I'm concerned about XT1 and the visual misalignment of the gears. Both
machines are sewing fine though. What are your thoughts about this? I have a
photo of it if you'd like a visual.

Geri in NJ