[amayausers.com] Re: Expanding my business

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:57:11 UT

This message was posted by SkyLinePrints on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/285.html#000007

Boing!  I'll jump in...

Screenprinting is messy and has a pretty good size learning curve.  If you are
looking to expand into this world, I would start with:

Vinyl
Heat Transfers
DTG

Let's do a bit more explaining....

Vinyl:

I added this to my business back in the spring.  (thanks to Roland and John for
their sound advice) I bought a Roland GX-24 and havent looked back.  This has
allowed me to do dark shirts that I couldnt do before since I can now
profitably due 1 - 11 without screening.

Not only can I vinyl shirts, but there is the whole vinyl market for signs,
stickers, window decals, and on and on....  To keep it simple, I just do window
decals and banners.

Heat Transfers:

I would recommend Sheryl over at Mustang Graphics (828 606-6261 tell her
Skyline referred u please) for heat transfers.  She custom makes them and I
find them a lot more affordable than Transfer Express.  Dont get me wrong,
Transfer Express is very good and I like their clipart book that you can show
to your customers.  Very good service but for complete custom work, Mustang is
better.

DTG:

I added a Brother GT-541 to my embroidery business about 2 years ago.  This
machine has LONG since paid for itself.  Probably the best investment I've
made.  Allows me to do 1 - xxxx number of shirts.  Design in Corel then send to
printer.  Easy peasy...  Over 11,000 shirts printed and not 1 problem.  This
machine is a work horse.  Wont do dark garments but I either vinyl or screen
those.

Good luck!