[amayausers] Re: Embroidery Pricing

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:46:28 -0500

We'd get about the same-you not only have to figure in the thread for sewing
($1.50 per thousand is average 'retail') but also the hooping time, backing,
trimming, etc. so you don't want to end up spending your time for nothing.
Since every one has a different name, you can't set it up once and just run
it.
The new hoop clamp system would be perfect for this-cut down your hooping
time to mere seconds and easier to line up straight.
I'd also check sources and see if you can supply the smocks-and make a
markup on those which would allow you to cut back on the embroidery charge.
Usual markup on uniforms, aprons, etc. through the catalogs I have is
100%...
Aprons, Etc. is the first supplier I'd check with.
Always worth looking-then you'd be able to have spares on hand in case of
screwups.
Roland