[amayausers.com] Re: Elegante

  • From: e3m@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 21:17:32 +0000

Darlene,
I think these machines were around 7-8K when they were new.  Now that it's over 10-12 years old, I'm gonna shoot in the dark and say somewhere around $1K.  That's provided it works like a new machine.

However, personally, I wouldn't mess with it unless this is exactly what you're looking for.  I'm spoiled with the commercial machines and this home machine, albeit has a lot of features, is not what I would even consider to use for embroidery.  If you are just looking for a sewing machine, this particular model was a very expensive sewing machine.  Meaning you could spend a whole lot less and get a really good sewing machine that doesn't embroider.

But hey, forget what I say.  You do whatever makes you happy.
Best of luck to you.

Ed
-------------- Original message from Darlene Weber <image_maker31@xxxxxxxxx>: --------------

I have a chance to purchase a 1997 Baby Lock Elegante machine.  Can anyone give me an idea what something like that would be worth??  It only has 500 hrs on it and is complete with everything.  Owner has passed away and family asked me if I would be interested in purchasing it.

Thanks!