[amayausers.com] Re: EXTENDED WARRANTY

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 21:33:00 UT

This message was posted by KGM on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/673.html#000009

I was just checking on the 'new warranty' - the price is down BUT you no longer
get the PMI but rather a PCI which I was told basically a tech comes and rather
than maintenancing your whole machine does a test sew out to make certain that
it is in good condition with no problems.  If it passes the sew out then I
guess you are good to go.

I recently had a problem and had to have tech come and total cost was
$200/travel time which of course will vary depending on how far you are away.

I am very disappointed in this 'new' warranty and will have to read it
carefully before I decide what to do.  I think having the tech come and
maintenance your machine and give it a really good check up on settings and so
forth, worn parts and so on was worth the $1200/yr I paid but now I'm not sure
even at a lesser price if it wouldn't be wiser to set money back and draw
interest as someone else said they do.

Also I asked then if I did WANT the whole maintenance thing could I just pay
the tech that extra to have him do it.  They said no - not an amaya contracted
tech.

I haven't seen the written contract so I am not positive about all of this but
that is what wty dept girl told me at Melco office (hopefully I did understand
her correctly).