[amayausers.com] Re: Are you eating profits to get orders?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 12:25:21 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/10/88.html#000004

I agree with the rest...YOU have to be happy with the job. Cutting your price
isn't going to help you at all-because you will NEVER be able to raise the
price to that customer again-you are stuck with the low bid!
Since my surgery I've had a revelation-life is too short to deal with (fill in
the blank) p##@&s!
The only concession I do because of the economy here (highest unemployment in
the area, businesses failing every month) is to bump my regular accounts 'up'
one quantity price jump-AND I TELL THEM when I do it. I have tiered pricing-12,
36,72, etc. for screenprinting, bulk rates for digital printing (signs and
banners) etc.-so I still haven't dropped to no-profit margin. It means shaving
about 10% off-that's reasonable and the customer appreciates it. Anyone coming
in the door (and this is at least once a week) telling ME what they are going
to pay, or that ABC Shop is cheaper-is told to go right back there and give
THEM the order-we will not play the game! So it means my competition is tied up
with non-profit making jobs, with customers that are probably going to be
chased for the money...while I stay occupied with money making, happy
customers. Yes, it's slow-I'm able to turn around arounds in a couple days that
normally I'd tell them a week or more...but that makes ME look
 good compared to the other guys!
So tighten your belt, take the time to clean the shop, do some maintainence,
take the family camping for a 4 day weekend...and enjoy yourself!