[amayausers.com] Re: Anyone own a Melco Bravo?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:08:01 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/879.html#000001

Steve,
Physically, the Bravo is the same size as the Amaya XT only it is limited in
software features.

Personally, for all it's limitations, I'd rather spend the extra money and buy
the XT but if money is really an issue, the Bravo might be an option.  Remember
that the machine will eventually pay for itself in time.

I found this info from some sales literature:

AMAYA OS Lite is similar to AMAYA OS SE but with the following exceptions:
Speed is limited to 1000 st/min.
Cannot change the speed within AOS, only at the machine
No Laser Alignment functionality
Only can use the Load Design Wizard to load a design.
Cannot load machine settings from an OFM file
No Design Queue (Cannot load a design into AMAYA from within Design Shop)
No color backup
No auto color match
No settings by colors
Can set the color change sequence only though the Load Job Wizard in AOS.
No Auto Mode for Acti-Feed
No Design Notes
Cannot startup DS or Sizer from within AOS.
No grid
No test sew (piece count) out mode
No advanced status on machine view
No 3D view
No zoom
The ?Move? property page functionality is disabled
There is a strict limit of only 1 AMAYA or BRAVO machine that connects to a PC.
Cannot make use of ?Use Settings from Design? feature.
No statistical reporting
No Melco Director interface
No ?Show Origin? tool, but the ?Show Origin? feature is always turned on.
The following controls are disabled on the Color Sequence dialog: Applique,
Pause, Hold, Stop, Skip
Cannot turn off hoop limits.
No sequin support
Only AMAYA hoops that are equal to or smaller than 36 x 30 cm can be used.
No support of the wide angle cap frame.

If you ever get to the point where you would like to upgrade, you would have to
trade in the Bravo and have them send you an XT.  There is not a part that you
can add to the Bravo to turn it into an XT.  This is what I understand to be
the case with any sort of upgrade.  Check with your saleperson.

Ed