[amayausers] Re: Alignment of Design

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 00:59:25 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/119.html#000003

I take the shirts, jacket, fleece, whatever to a flat surface-and get a piece
of tailors chalk. Figure out where you want the 'center' of the design on that
shirt, and using the chalk and ruler, mark a line several inches longer than
the design vertical and horizontal. Hopefully you have a zipper or button hem
that is vertical on the item to give a straight line to go by. (Hoopmaster is a
handy but $$ jig that does the centering for you.) Then measure from the same
point across to the center, from the shirt shoulder hem down, and mark this
point on your next shirt and so on. This is a brief description how to do
it...but you should get the idea. I have a seamstress see-through clear plexi
ruler-about 12" x 6" with an angle on one end-makes it real easy. Then pick the
right size hoop-at the most 1-2" larger than the image so you don't waste
backing material and can also hoop the material taut. Hoop it up with the chalk
lines vertical and horizontal in your hoop (use a black ma
 rker to make nice reference points on the hoop. Now when you load it on the
Amaya, it should be pretty darn close to dead center. Once you can get the
hooping evenly in the same spot, for most jobs you won't have to recenter the
hoop itself but just do a trace to double check, and start sewing.
Short and sweet description-my advice is sign up for the training center last
month-my personal feeling is the training should be done before you get the
machine so you know how to run it!
But get that class in as soon as you can-it will all make sense and you won't
get frustrated!