[amayausers] Re: Alignment of Design

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 00:58:42 UT

This message was posted by Body Cover on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/119.html#000002

You will probably get many answers to this question. I personally just eyeball
things and comes out fine. but when you are new it may help pick two spots to
measure from, for instance a left chest design can go down from the top
shoulder seam to the 8" mark and over from center fold or placket around 4"
both marks represent the center of the design. Use a piece of chalk or a
removable fabric pencil or in my case I will use a piec of regular scotch tape
with a tab folded over so I can pull it off easier and then take a sharpie and
make a black dot in the middle of it. then I place the dot where my two
measurents converge, now I try to hoop the garment so that the dot is pretty
close to the center of the hoop. Once the shirt is on the machine use the Hoop
button and arrow keys to align the laser dot to the mark on my fabric. Then if
using tape reach in anede peel off the tape and save it for the next garment,
which you should be hooping while the first is running.
This should put you in virtually the same location everytime. Try a few
different ideas out that you will surely get , and see what is the most
comfortable way for you.
Good Luck,
Ron