[amayausers.com] Re: 6 panel hats

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:06:11 UT

This message was posted by Just Sew It on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/976/2.html#000017

When I took training on my 2005 Amayas, things were a little different than
now. We used standard feed on some 6-panel hats then and I still do now. If the
hat is so curved and stiff that you cannot rub it down tight across the driver
before you strap it down, you have to take up the slack behind the center curve
with backing or pull the top of the hat down and in with clamps on both sides.
Hats are made differently too. Try using standard feed of 18, make sure your
presser foot is all the way up then down one click. Run at 800 and watch to see
if the thread is looping or you still have any flagging. We expected thread
breaks on the center seam back then and even some needle breaks. If you get
false bobbin breaks, loosen the bobbin tension slightly, run the pattern back
10 sts and hit go again.
Good luck.
Jo