[amayausers.com] Re: 4 million stitches on brand new XT

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 01:22:23 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/818.html#000004

Well, mine sat for a week in 115 deg (or hotter) weather in Las Vegas.  All the
grease was melted out.  And dummy me, I didn't catch on until I was talking to
Good ol' Herb on the phone.  He says, "WHAT is that noise?"  He could here it
loud and clear. It's my new machine.  I don't know a good sound from a bad
sound. Turns out it was metal rubbing on metal!  Yiks!  Get out the grease!

You simply don't know how long that machine was sitting in what kind of temps.
Better to be safe than sorry.

Juli in Kona